Official Glass for Olive Oil Tasting (Set 10 units)
- Height: 60 mm ± 1 mm
- Diameter at its widest: 70 mm ± 1 mm
- Diameter of mouth: 50 mm ± 1 mm
- Capacity: 130 ml ± 10 mm
Dimensions might vary slightly.
The glass is made of resistant annealed glass so that it stands the temperatura changes it has to undergo in the test. Dark-coloured, blue cobalt, so that the colour of its contents cannot be discerned, and it’s from scratches or bubbles, with a even, smooth and flared rim.
The design go the glass attempts to establish the optimum characteristics desirable in a piece of apparatus of this kind, which can be specified as follows:
- Maximum steadiness, to prevent the glass from tilting and the oil from being spilled
- A base which easily fits the indentations of the heating unit so that the bottom of the glass is evenly heated
- A narrow mouth which helps to concentrate the odours and facilitates their identification
- Made of dark-coloured glass to prevent the taster from perceiving the colour of the oil, thus eliminating any prejudices and impeding the possible formation of biases or tendencies that might affect the objectiveness of the determination